I finally figured out how to contribute. I don't have anything erudite to say because I don't know what that word means. Congrats to Ben and Marinda. Who woulda thunk Ben was such a softy? I hope that 4-leaf clover keeps on keeping on.
Glad law school is over. Bar study isn't nearly as bad as I had expected and actually pretty interesting. I had a good friend tell me yesterday that there are two kinds of people in this world he won't trust - I thought he was going to say women and terrorists, but he said "doctors and lawyers." Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Bethany finishes school 5 June and is anxious for some free time. We hope to have the movers come 8 August and be in Kansas that weekend to go house hunting. I haven't killed any deacons yet, but the calling lasts for a few more months so I've got plenty of time. I hope my own children live past the age of 13 - I'm hopeful, but not confident that they will. If you get the chance, watch King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters - documentary about a bunch of video game geeks fighting over who has the best Donkey Kong score. Hilarious - especially the guy who comments on Donkey Kong's devious nature. Check it out. Hooah.
2 comments:
Hey Joe! Congrats to you and Bethany. Wow, what an accomplishment! Good luck with the deacons. My sister said that you make them do push-ups! What's up with that?! I taught the deacon/beehive aged child at the jr. high level for two years, so I do know a little about how their little minds work. Remember, they'll do ANYTHING for the smallest reward, like a starburst. I remember once we finished a messy project in class and I said whoever could pick up the most scraps of paper off the floor would get a starburst. The boys were all over it and it was clean in two seconds flat. All for a starburst! They're hilarious.
Pushups are better than Starburst Mindles. You would be called a candy-*** in the Army discipline system. I love you though, and I'm glad that you give me Starburst instead of making me do pushups.
Post a Comment