Sunday, September 2, 2012

I am hungry; but it's a good kind of hungry.


This last month has been the most difficult of my life. Time has never gone so slowly. The harsh realities of mortality that have been shoved down our throats as of late have forced us to exercise more faith in the Gospel and hope more than ever that everything we've been hearing since primary regarding the Plan of Salvation is a whole lot more than just a story. We have pictures of sweet little Layla and a plaster imprint of her little foot to remind us of what her body looked like, but the only way I can keep from shaking my fist at heaven is to remind myself that she is still alive and is with her spiritual Parents who I'm sure will take very good care of her. That hope that she is safe and happy and that we'll be able to see her again and never have to say goodbye is what keeps us going and will eventually allow us to heal. Thank you everyone for all of your heartfelt expressions of sympathy and your kindness. We've never been more grateful that families can be forever.

On a happier note, BYU trounced Washington State. I was unable to watch the game because we are too cheap to get cable, but I listened to the first half on KSL and went to bed a happy man. Let's hope they can keep it up. Lucy starts preschool on 4 September. The mascot in her class is the ladybug and she is pumped to get in there and broaden her intellectual horizons. I have finished the poem we have been writing forever. Bethany is going to do the illustrations and then we are going to try to get it published. I still have to edit it a little, but I think I've just about had enough of it now so we're going to cut sling load and go for it. Attached if anyone is interested in perusing.

I am reading a book called Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking. I was assigned to do a book review on it. Not bad--it's essentially a pep talk for introverts or the parents of introverts. Quick read and has some pointers that I found interesting on how to raise kids who aren't outspoken. Lucy is on the quieter side, but we all pray that one day Hailey will learn to CONTROL THE VOLUME OF HER VOICE! We'll have to see if she will sing the Gummy Bears theme song for you at Christmas. It's hilarious.

Hope you are all well. We are looking forward to Christmas and to getting even fatter with all of you.


Joe, Bethany and crew
 

1 comment:

Marinda said...

Thanks for the post Joe! We continue to to think and pray and fast for you guys. We're so dang sorry. The pic of Hailey is priceless. And Lucy looks so much older and she is sooo pretty! Can't wait to see you guys in a few short months!