Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ben, Marinda, Emily, Caroline

dear family i went to the beach with Emi. I Made soap at the cabin. love, Emily Emily has been excited to write letters lately. Emi was a girl who was the niece of one of Marinda's friends. Emily played with her when we went to Pismo Beach a few weeks ago. Random memory I guess as was the statement that she made soap at the cabin. When the girls were in Utah, Marinda's Mom conducted a "Cousins Camp" where the cousins who were old enough (out of diapers) congregated at the cabin in Scofield to participate in "skunk" festivities. One of the events was soap making, and Emily has been talking about it ever since. I'm getting ready for finals which is always a pain. I have two final papers two write as well as a bunch of military stuff (CONOPS, CDR guidance, Mission statement for a JTF in a fictitious war in Borneo for those who care, which is likely none of you except maybe Dad, and that's a big maybe). COL Espinas also asked me if I wanted to go to a FAO conference in Belgium right after finals. Marinda is hoping to go in my place. I don't think I'm going to go because we were planning to go to Yosemite and then Katie and Shea will be coming at the end of the week which we're all very excited about. I was able to watch the BYU game with my neighbor who is a Washington State alum. Bummer of a game for them. I left at the half. BYU looks pretty good though. We gave up cable recently. I always feel pangs of regret when football season comes around and I can't watch any. I am excited for Fantasy Football this year though. My new team name is "Mormon Coup d'etat" in reference to all of these Mormon Moments we're all having. Hope everyone is enjoying it! Ben

1 comment:

Dave said...

You didn't miss much in the second half Ben. More of the same except BYU couldn't score as well. Other than that, just dominant defense. I love watching our defense. We have some really good players this year. We actually just dropped cable too but we're staying in the military hotel out here in Ft Lewis so we still get to watch the games. You can catch all of the games on byutv's website I think just after they're broadcast. You're hosed on the NFL though. Good luck on your finals Ben!