You wont miss this if you go to Warsaw. The communist Palace of Arts and Culture was built as a gift from the Soviet Union and was a much hated building during the years of communism by the Poles. I believe it's the tallest building in Poland but I could be wrong.
This was taken in Krakow. The building in the center is St. Mary's Basilica which is well known in Poland for it's bugle that is played every hour. The sound is always abruptly ended which commemorates a bugler who got a shot in the throat while warning of a Mongol invasion.
2 comments:
Bethany, these pics are awesome! Thanks for posting. Our teachers have told us about St. Mary's in Krakow. You can watch some footage of the bugler on youtube. It's so cool. I'm really pumped to go to Poland!
Thanks for posting these Bethany! Feel free to post more! I especially like the one of you all bundled up. The bugle tradition is a little morbid... traditional European style I guess, but Ben thinks it's totally awesome of course (btw, this is Marinda).
Post a Comment