Monday, June 22, 2009

Iowa

So last week Iowa offered us a spot at their medical school. It was a really really hard decision but we decided to go to Iowa. Hooray! It was still really sad turning down the ridiculously nice people at Texas Tech. But Iowa will be a great school. So, just thought I'd let you guys know. Also, you are all awesome.






Go hawkeyes!


Also, I went to Canyonlands with some friends this past weekend and there were some absolutely incredible views. Wendy couldn't go unfortunately because of some family stuff. The hikes were really easy too. They're all only a mile or so long.

6 comments:

Marinda said...

Yes, Canyonlands is one of the beautiful national parks in southern Utah. We used to go to national parks every October when I was a kid during the deer hunt holiday (yes, you got off school for the deer hunt). Congrats on deciding on Iowa! It'll be greener and prettier and closer to your folks. It's hard to make decisions like that...
Hope to see you guys soon! Good luck with your move!

Dave said...

Thanks Marinda! Your friend KC just called me back about Texas Tech but we didn't have much to talk about anymore. :) We're looking forward to the greenery and being a little closer to all you guys. Heck, maybe we'll get some deer hunting holidays! That's awesome by the way.

Steve.Shaha said...

Dude, I didn't even know you were considering Iowa or any other schools. Cool beans, I'm sure you'll do awesome wherever you go.

Steve.Shaha said...

Dude, I didn't know you were considering Iowa or any other schools at this point. Have fun in Iowa, I know you'll do great no matter where you go.

Dave said...

THanks STeve. It will be the bomb. By the way, your Laurel and Hardy hat thing was awesome.

Bethany Shaha said...

Didn't Iowa just legalize gay marriage? This is Joe again - Bethany, and apparently Dave, are much more tolerant.