Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Gwampa's Trip to Utah

This is all I can figure out how to add text--I swear I'm getting WORSE at this stuff! And now they tell us XP is no longer supported and that all us old XP users are going to die of viral infections--well at least we'll know what's going to kill us, I guess. Could be worse. Could be raining.
So I went to Utah to see family and attend a reunion of old Spain Mission geeks from '69-72--it was awesome but I got no photos of the old guys; you wouldn't know them anyway. Note how Natalie and Jack were enjoying the Easter presents Nana (Gramma Shaha) had sent them with her flying boyfriend.


And we got to visit Great-Gramma Shaha who was amazingly with is as always. Natalie is into bandaids as you can tell.


I got to go to Natalie's first soccer game--some of the children actually had an idea what was going on; they were lucky to have such a patient coach and lovingly uncompetitive parents!

Natalie had accumulated so many fuzzies in her awards jar that she got to pick a special activity for Saturday; she chose to go to the new dinosaur museum near the UofU and it was a great place. Even the sauropods were smiling as you can see from the photo.

This was about as close to Gen Conference as I got--Melinda's family were the only ones actually in Sunday dress and I was trying to help contain the chaos to the basement so the others could watch upstairs at Steve and Stacy's pad. I think Ian's takeway from Conference had something to do with Boba Fett bringing down an Empire fighter.

And little Lizzie was charming in her favorite armchair; just so you know my rear end can't fit in the seat of the chair so she's still pretty tiny. It was a GREAT trip and thanks to Great Gramma and Katie and Shea for their hospitality, and to Steve and Stacy for their food and TV access!

3 comments:

Marinda said...

Awesome pictures. Thanks for posting Gwandpa.

wendy said...

What does Natalie get fuzzies for?

Katie and Shea said...

Natalie gets fuzzies for keeping her room clean and being nice to her brother and not whining. Man, can she whine! Either I'm going to need a sedative or she is - if the fuzzy thing doesn't work!