Sunday, January 26, 2014

Deep thoughts with Caroline

This is Ben.  Caroline has been providing some gems lately, so I've started a running log on my iPod.  Best idea ever.  Some highlights from the last month or two:


1. While sitting on the toilet: "Dad, if you hear it splash, then it camed out."
2. "Dad, I bite my mouf, but my mouf didn't come off!"
3. "Daddy, 'probem' and 'pobbem' rhyme"
4. While watching Veggie Tales' "Esther" episode:
Caroline: "Daddy, I don't think you should watch this."
Me: "Why not."
Caroline: "Because girls just watch it."
5. "Dad, I want to eat breakfast because the sun is going to go down if I don't eat breakfast."
6. Me: "Caroline, pull up your pants!"  (Chronic problem for Caroline)
Caroline: "But if it's up it hurts."
Me: "Your pants?"
Caroline: "No, my bottom."
7. As I was packing up our new fake Christmas tree: "O man!  Our Christmas tree is in a laundry box!"
8. While washing her face: "Dad, you don't wash this (a mole on her cheek the size of a grain of sand) because it's just part of me."
9. Observing a bowl of guacamole at the dinner table: "This looks like goblins!"  (Worst purchase ever was this $10 DVD of knock-off princess movies, one of which was "The Princess and the Goblin")
10. After seeing a ceramic plate that I had just broken a large piece off of while washing dishes: "Dad, why did you eat that plate?"

She just started sunbeams, so I'm going to check with her teachers to make sure I keep future aphorisms documented...


1 comment:

wendy said...

hehe! These are awesome. I love kid quotes. #10 is my fav.