Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Pageant

Some pictures I took from the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple grounds.


It's not a gathering of Latter-day Saints without some protestors now is it?
I still for the life of me don't understand how I believe in a different Jesus than the one in the Bible.




Cool sunset.

I didn't know the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center had a Christus statue.


Four of the women from the YSA Branch that I came up with.

The Visitor's Center at night.

You can see the protestors just behind the wall, you can't help but notice the contrast between the group that came to commemorate the life and divine mission of the Savior, and the group who came to distract them from that end. The two are separated by a small wall, I meant this picture to be symbolic in that way.


The Nativity.


During the Nativity portion, they played and sang "Mary's Lulaby," I really like that song.


The Savior's ministry.





The Last Supper.
Gethsemane.
Not my will but thine be done.
Golgotha.
It is finished.
Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Why weepest thou?
Master.
Cool shot of the stage and crowd.
This was the choir of angels that was featured throughout the pageant.
The grand finale "I Know He Lives."
The exalted Savior.

2 comments:

Marinda said...

Steve, very cool pics, and nicely done arranging the story line in chronological order...it's kind of tricky to do that on the blog. How great that you got to attend the pageant! I like the song Mary's Lullaby too. The primary kids sang it for Christmas.

Dave said...

Awesome Steve. Did you throw down with the protesters? I mean, now that you know illegal ninja moves from the government, isn't it about time you used them?