Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trip to the Smokey Mountains

Pat and Nancy were kind enough to come watch Emily while Ben and I were able to get away to the Smokey Mountains. This is the view from our cabin.  The sun was about to come up.
Another view from the cabin.

This is the Chalahula (did I spell that right Ben?) skyway.  It was a "scenic detour" that took us out of the Smokey Mountains and into No. Carolina.  It was the most amazing road I've ever been on, but unfortunately we got there just as it was getting dark.  The views were amazing and the leaves were in the height of their color change...reds, yellows, and golds.

2 comments:

Nancy Shaha said...

Thanks for the great photos, and I'm so glad that you got to go on your trip and that I got to hang out with darling Emily. One thing that Marinda didn't confide, though, is that Ben has still retained his junior high "skills" in using the video camera. He was following Marinda on one trail, and his focus was not on the fall foliage...remember what he filmed instead of Joe's punt return?! Some things never change! Keep sending us old geezers updates on your fascinating lives. xox Mom

Marinda said...

Good ole Nancy. You know that if no one else will comment on your postings, at least Nancy always will! Thanks, for the post... um... I think ;)