Thursday, July 31, 2014

Some Shots from the Shaha Reunion, Draper, UT, 24-26 July 2014

Ran into this awesome blonde at the top of the Rockies in Wyoming. Mom and I had a GREAT time with the family able to make it to the Reunion, and we all sorely missed all who were not able to attend with us.

Buffie had arranged to have a wooden puzzle made for Gramma of one of our old Reunion photos--the one with the floating Katie.

Little Claire Shaha (Jimmy's third daughter, 2 yrs old) was pretty much a terror behind the wheel of this battery powered toy car--you can see the reluctance to take even small suggestions as to possibly reducing speed from Jack.

James, Jin and little Reggie made it by Friday--another handsome family to the mix. I think Reggie and Jamesy Wamsey (Ben and Marinda's son) will get along well--both focus mainly on smiling and eating.

Lizzie (Jake and Melinda's daughter) insisted on entertaining the group with her dancing, which was truly entertaining amidst the other constant chaos.

For some reason Gramma acquired a number of major awards to bestow to winners of the various games. I unfortunately won a game and the little girls in the group insisted on testing out my major award and having a photo taken. Yes, as the T-shirt from Katie says, "It's all good in the hood." I had another photo we took of all the major award winners but for some reason it won't load (probably another fat-finger job by yours truly).

Another of the usual events. If you look closely you can see a yellow water balloon headed strait for Shea--Uncle Steve can see it but Shea appears distracted by the other balloon that just missed him and landed by Steve's feet. It was another fun event, especially so when Jake started tossing the balloons into the crowd just to make things interesting.


Stacy added a new event that turned out a winner--pickleball (I think that's how it's spelled). Only don't rely on flip flops to offer good footing for this event--better bring some real shoes.


A couple other pics would not load, but here's one of Mom and I headed back to Kansas--had a farewell eclaire in Gramma Shaha's honor at the Kneaders bakery in Heber. It was awesome, especially with Timpanogos as a backdrop.

Mom and I stopped to visit the Dinosaur national monument park on our way through eastern Utah--very interesting.

Speaking of fossils, how about the dude in this photo!! I found this marker about somebody named Escalante crossing the river at this point back in the 18th century--I'll have to look up who he was. The odd looking hills in the background is where the ground upheaval exposed all those fossils at the national monument.
Well, that's all about Grampa small. We are very much looking forward to seeing all our children and their families in November.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Looks like fun! There are some great pictures of Nancy in this post! How do you play pickleball?

Marinda said...

Thanks for the photos… sad we couldn't make it. That eclair looks amazing… and Nancy looks like she's enjoying it a bit too much. The girls are going to get a hoot out of your picture with all the prizes clipped to you.