Pat and Nancy visited us Nov 25-Nov 29
Oakley was sooooo excited for them to be here. She and Grandpa spent a lot of time in the play house. Probably more time than I've ever spent in that house. In my defense it is very hot and uncomfortable. Thanks for being a good sport Grandpa!
And Nancy saved my bacon on Thanksgiving. What the heck do you do with a 30lb turkey? I was kind of freaking out. But it turned out really good. And we fed the whole neighborhood with leftovers.
AND Pat and Nancy did all the dishes!! Who are these people?
The whole crew. We had some neighbors over for the feast.
Gwamma and Gwampa!
And the next sequence of photos pretty much sums up our activities while the kids were awake. Non. Stop.
And while the kids were asleep:
We ventured into DC and waited in a very long and VERY cold line to see the train display at the botanical gardens, which was cool, but maybe not worth the wait. We also checked out the American Indian Museum. Also cool but the "show" in which the modern-day Indians walked around in a circle for half an hour left us for want of.... something. I don't know. It was lacking. But the museum part was cool.
This Lincoln Memorial is made completely out of natural materials! Sticks and bark and acorns and stuff like that.
And I'm happy to report that Pat walked away unscathed!
4 comments:
The western mustache on Dad is the best. Thanks for coming to see us Mom and Dad!
Our thanks to you, Dave and Wendy! Thanks for posting these; I'll see if I have any others you don't have--you beat me to the posting.
Very cool. Jealous you had P&N for Thanksgiving. I'd love to have them come to my house, cook a turkey, and then do all the dishes :)
Agree with Dave on the moustache. Dad looks like Inspector Clouseau in disguise. Maybe the hunchback...
Post a Comment