Monday, September 2, 2013

Still Catching up - pictures from Cousin Brian's house over the 4th of July

Look! The tents that Grandma Williams made are still in good use. There was a serious conference going on in there!

This is Wynn(sp?), Brian's son. He had a huge 3-year-old birthday bash while we were there.

The birthday bash supplied they millions of children there with a Sheriff"s hat, badge, and homemade horse on a stick. Randy, Lindsay's husband also gave them all Cowboy lessons involving lassoing, stick horse-racing, and target practice with water pistols. Lindsay's daughter had no mercy and thought is was hilarious to try to repeatedly squirt me point blank to the face.

There he goes - to go sit and throw dirt behind the barn. I did think this was a cool shot of Jack in his Sheriff's hat against the back drop of Grandma Thompson's old fields full of corn.

Yeehaw!

Megan made these chocolate molds of cowboy hats and put them on the tops of a lot of cupcakes. Jack was a major fan and probably ate half his body weight in chocolate that afternoon - of course a lot of it stayed on his face.

Natalie commandeered both their horse's for this shot. She also named both of them. The one horse is Merida (from "Brave) and the other horse is Adra (a name I still think that Natalie made up, but that is her own version of  "Heartbreath" - the name that I made up and considered the most beautiful in the universe.)

After a few cold ones, this cowboy and cowgirl plan to take the world by storm.

Slow down, cowboy!

I got this book on a whim from the library and we finally had to order it on Amazon my kids like it so much. As I showed some of you, the President of the United States consults the military about what to do about the Tomatoes attack and one of the cartoon generals looks strikingly like Grandpa Shaha. As you can tell by the photo, it's pretty intense.

Somehow this became cool - to put the stickers offered from stores on your forehead. Jack asks me to help him do this now. Natalie is also demonstrating a toy car driving on a swatch of carpet. . . I don't get it either.

No comments: