
The ball was a lot of fun. Doesn't Marinda look great? The only drawback to the ball was listening the Marines blab about how they're the greatest thing ever. Of course they found a quote from an Army General supporting that theory. (Probably misquoted).
4 comments:
What a babe! You both look spectacular and I'm glad you had fun...the Marine Ball was the social highlight of the season in El Salvador...did any of the embassy guards end up dancing on the table?! I remember how all of us got teary during the Star Spangled Banner when they played it before dinner. And Sorry to take so long in acknowledging this post ...I'm behind in every phase of my life! Did you dance the night away? And I checked out the picts on your blog with those two adorable girls...I can't wait to cuddle them in a few months. Have a good weekend. Love, Mom/Nancy
Looks like a sweet party. Where was it held? The marine corps ball is supposed to be the beezneez from everything I hear. Just finished reading "With the Old Breed" so I have newfound respect for the Marine Corps. You guys are awesome. I can't believe that story about the pearl of great price guy. That's hilarious. Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Hi Dave! So, what's With the Old Breed all about? Happy Thanksgiving to you too... we were a little homesick
With the Old Breed is a war memoir of a guy who fought at Pelelieu and Okinawa. It's regarded as one of the best war memoirs ever. Dad recommended it to me. Pretty sobering book but really good.
Post a Comment