Some of you already know this, but I got my reclass orders in last Monday afternoon. They said that I had to report to Fort Gordon by Friday the 22nd and my Platoon Sergeant said that the soonest I could leave was Wednesday morning (reminder: At the time I was at Fort Huachuca, Arizona).
Needless to say, I made it in one piece with my faithful steed (Ben's old purple Grand Am), which I have dubbed the Rockmobile. I loved the trip, and I got to see several states (including the entire length of Texas) and areas I hadn't seen before. I'm already missing the road and wish that trip wouldn't have ended, I loved it.
So, now I'm at Fort Gordon, Georgia and suffering through the awful jitters and other adverse feelings that always fall down on me whenever I go to a new place that isn't home. I'm hoping I can get into a regular routine soon and get into the daily grind. Feel free to call or e-mail as I can use some friendly/loving words.
2 comments:
It is awesome that you are becoming such a well rounded traveler...and going thru my home state should have been great, especially since it wasn't July or August...those months bite!!! Good luck in your new digs, Steve...I know you will do well. Pat and I will be in KC next weekend...we'll give the folks a hug for you in person.Consider the same from us to you...Love, Aunt Linda and Uncle Pat
Steve! You'll have to try some grits for me down in Georgia! While you're at it, maybe you could pick up the banjo... I expect some thick southern drawl from you muy pronto hermano. I'll call you tonight dawg.
Post a Comment